Thursday, December 08, 2005

Illustration Friday (Blue)

This week's IF theme is blue. I thought I'd try something a little different this week. Rather than doing a traditional mixed media piece, I chose to create a piece of digital art. And since I've been blue myself lately, I wanted to put myself into the piece (literally). I used a self portrait that I altered in photo shop and then I added some fitting lyrics from a Jeff Buckley song (opened once). I'm not 100 percent happy with how this turned out but I am as happy as I can be with it right now. If I end up making more changes to it, I'll post a new pic.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

4 Comments:

Blogger Twisselman said...

Very strong illustration. Really like the contrast in hair and skin colors and textures. Also like the white and black lines... the eyelashes. Very cool.

5:33 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

I wasn't sure about this piece, so I'm happy to hear that someone likes it. Thank you so much for your comment!!!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Tony Sarrecchia said...

Powerful and intense. Nice job!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Thank you Tony!!!

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counters